Berry Butterfly Cupcakes
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 12 cupcakes
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1¾ cups White Wings self-raising flour, sifted
- ¾ cup CSR Caster Sugar
- 2 free-range eggs
- 120g butter, melted
- ½ cup full cream milk
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- 300ml thickened cream
- 1 tbs vanilla bean paste
- 1 tbs CSR Pure Icing Sugar, plus extra for serving
- ½ cup raspberry or blackberry jam
- 2 cups fresh berries, sliced
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a 12-hole muffin tray with paper cases.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour and caster sugar. Add eggs, butter, milk and vanilla. Whisk until smooth.
- Spoon cake batter into prepared tray. Bake in the oven for 15-20 mins.
- Make chantilly cream by whipping cream, vanilla bean paste and icing sugar to soft peaks. Transfer to a piping bag.
- To construct butterfly cakes, remove the top of each cake using a serrated knife. Cut top piece in half to create ‘wings'.
- Remove a small amount from the centre of each cake. Fill with a teaspoon of jam. Pipe chantilly cream on top and secure wings in place
- Finish with a dusting of icing sugar and slices of fresh berries in the centre. Serve immediately, or keep chilled.