Chocolate Peanut Butter Slice
A favourite recipe by a #FavouriteChef of ours. This Chocolate Peanut Butter Slice by Balance By Monica is an absolute knock out!
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup CSR Coconut Sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
Peanut Butter Filling
- 1 cup of fresh, pitted dates (approx 12)
- ½ cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 tbs vanilla bean paste
- 2 tbs CSR Coconut Sugar
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 200g dark chocolate
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C and line a 28x18cm rectangular baking pan with baking paper. Set aside.
- Place all of the ingredients for the base into a large mixing bowl and use a wooden spoon to combine all of the ingredients until they form a dough.
- Press dough into prepared baking pan and bake for 13-15 mins or until golden. Set aside to cool.
- In a food processor, combine all of the ingredients for the filling. Process for 1-2 mins or until smooth.
- When base has cooled down, spread the peanut butter filling over and refrigerate to set
- To make the topping, roughly chop the chocolate and place into a glass bowl with coconut oil. Microwave at 10 sec intervals, stirring with a spatula in-between until smooth and completely melted.
- Remove slice from the fridge and pour chocolate mixture evenly over. Return slice to the fridge for 3-4 hours or overnight to set. Freeze for half an hour before slicing.