Lite Banana Bread
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 1 Loaf
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- 4 ripe medium-sized bananas, peeled
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup Greek-style natural yoghurt
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ cup pepitas
- ½ cup CSR Lite Reduced Calorie Sugar
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 1 small pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Butter and line a loaf tin.
- In a large bowl, use a potato masher to mash 3 bananas.
- Add the flour, nutmeg, pepitas, lite sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir using a large metal spoon until well mixed.
- Pour batter into the lined loaf tin.
- Cut the remaining banana in half, length ways and use it to decorate the top of the banana loaf.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then cover with baking paper (to stop the top cooking too fast) and bake for another 30 minutes or until well risen, golden and cooked through when tested with a skewer in the centre of the cake.
- Remove from the oven and brush with a maple syrup, serve warm.